Your time on this Earth is short. These precious human lives of ours are only going to last so long . . . a mere few decades - if you’re fortunate enough to get that much - and then ‘poof!’ The body you’ve presumably taken such good care of has now run its natural course, and YOU my friend have moved on . . .
So here’s hoping that we’re all making the years we’re given count as much as possible . . . which is just another way of saying: Spend your Life wisely. Time - yours, mine and everyone else’s - is NOT to be wasted but rather cherished and savored to the absolute fullest. So with that said . . .
- If you’re at a restaurant and you don’t like the meal you’ve been served, send it back.
- If you’re in the middle of a phone call and it feels like a waste of your time, wrap it up quick and get off the line.
- If you’re stuck in a conversation with someone who’s just complaining, excuse yourself politely and then simply walk away.
- If you don’t like the TV show you’re watching, change the channel . . . or better still, turn the TV OFF all together . . .
- If you’ve lost interest in the book you’re half-way through, take it back to the library and get another one.
- If the movie isn’t any good, get up from your seat and leave the theater.
- If you don’t care much for the person you are, start working on becoming who you want to be.
- If you’re in a relationship that no longer satisfies you, break it off.
- If you’re tumbling along in a career that just isn’t doing it for you anymore, change it.
- If there’s something new you’d like to try, quit making excuses and get it going NOW.
- If you aren’t too keen with the Life path you’re on, switch to one that aligns more with your core values and ideals.
Having it your way doesn’t mean that you’re a bad person or even a selfish one - despite the occasional guilt trip others lay on you. Remember, that’s their issue, not yours. When you want it the way your want it, it just means that you’re so madly in love with the chance you’ve been given to breathe, to think, and to become whomever you wish, that you simply want to make it all count as much as you can with the little time you’ve got left.
You’re here to share the very best of yourself with the whole of Humanity. A human Life is important work. Don’t squander this precious opportunity you've been given.
PS: If you enjoyed this blog post - or dig the artwork on the site - please consider re-posting, tweeting, etc. The link to the OM Made Facebook page is right at the bottom of this page; check it out and give us a 'like' if you're so inclined. Any and all ways of sharing the message of OM Made Studios via social media is deeply appreciated and can only help get the word out about the importance of Waking Up to our own magnificence. Thanks everyone! :)